of Enhancement Releases » 3.60
The following is a
list of enhancements incorporated in the Level 3.60 release:
To provide feedback,
or if you have questions concerning the new release of the software,
contact your assisting reseller. To print this Web page, right-click
and click Print.
As the core of the software, the new Launcher boasts a Web-friendly
user interface. A Welcome page appears on launching the software
that includes links to this What's New page, a tutorial, a Getting
Started Guide, and the Business Insights page, which displays information
about your organization. The MAS 90 and MAS 200 Launcher has also
been enhanced with the following features:
- A powerful search engine to help you find information instantly.
- A new My Tasks area containing
public and private tasks in a conveniently available and easily
customizable format. The My Tasks area can be undocked and
left as a window on your desktop even after the Launcher is
minimized. Double-clicking the My Tasks title bar opens the
- The Standard toolbar contains MAS 90 or MAS 200 buttons such
as the Change Company and Change User buttons.
- The new Custom toolbar contains user-created buttons and links.
You can drag and drop items onto this toolbar or right-click
any of the toolbars and click Customize.
- The new Web Navigation toolbar contains navigation buttons
for browsing through the provided Launcher Web pages.
- All three toolbars now utilize the new Microsoft standards
for floating toolbars and allow the user to move the toolbars
by clicking and dragging the vertical bar located on the left
of the toolbar. All toolbars can be hidden by clicking the View/Toolbar
menu option and clearing the appropriate toolbar.
- The Launcher can be minimized so that only an icon appears
in your system tray. When you click the MAS 90 or MAS 200 icon,
you can access the Change Company, Change Date, and Change Users
menu options, as well as cascading menus for Modules and Tasks.
Order Shipping Entry:
This new shipping program helps
streamline the shipping process and separates invoicing from
the shipping and accounting functions. Key features include:
- A data entry screen that allows
data entry by keyboard or scanner, and validation for orders
that are on hold, paid by credit card, or that have exceeded
a credit limit.
- The ability to set up password-protected
shipper IDs that track which employee is performing the shipping
- An exception report that allows
the accounting department to reconcile changes created in the
shipping process with the original sales order.
- The ability to track the contents
of each box and create packing lists by box or by total order,
depending on your company's needs.
- The ability to print a packing
list, invoice, or both directly from the shipping process.
- Four ways to print shipping documents
individually or in batches.
- The ability to inquire and report
on past shipments.
- A Shipping Exception Report that
prints changes to items shipped, overshipments, warehouse changes,
and changes to ship-to information.
- The ability to drill down from
Accounts Receivable History Inquiry to Shipping History Inquiry
to view package tracking details.
- Multiple form codes for nongraphical picking sheets, shipping
labels, and COD labels.
and StarShip Link (Shipping System Integration):
This new module automates the shipping process to help reduce
shipping and shipping related costs. Key features include:
- Calculating freight charges through the user of an optional
- Rate-shopping between the available carriers to find the most
economical way to ship packages.
- Supporting third-party parcel insurance for significant parcel
insurance cost savings.
- Printing carrier-approved bar coded shipping labels and COD
tags right at the warehouse workstation for convenience and speedy
- Processing shipments using UPS, FedEx and FedEx Ground (formerly
- Processing shipments via the U.S. Postal Service, Airborne
Express, Spee-Dee Delivery Service, and a user-definable carrier
(optional functionality you can purchase).
e-Business Manager Products and Services Templates:
- Five new products and services templates
include the following features that enhance the usability and
appearance of your Web site: a visible item search, enhanced
navigation, visible shopping cart contents, new style sheet classes
to control the appearance of all page elements, extended item
descriptions, extended category descriptions, the ability to
include thumbnail images for items, and customizable buttons
Manager Customization Features:
- Links and buttons appearing on the Web templates can be customized
by changing the text on a link/button, or replacing links/buttons
- Thumbnail images and attachments can be defined for items.
- User-defined fields (UDFs) can be added to Web templates.
- Extended item descriptions and
extended category descriptions in which you can add an unlimited
amount of text for an item or a category appearing on your
MAS 200 modules available for SQL Server:
- ACT! Link
- Bar Code
- e-Business Manager (all applets)
- Job Cost
- Sales Logix link (DynaLink)
- Work Order
- New tabs can be added to forms.
- Additional line UDFs for Accounts
Payable and Accounts Receivable Invoice Data Entry.
- The Undo keystroke (CTRL+Z) is
available when editing customized forms.
- User-defined dialogs can be deleted
if the corresponding link button is deleted from the form.
- If the Customizer module is not
registered, customizations and UDFs can be defined, and the
user is warned that changes are not available until the Customizer
module is registered.
- Customizer Selection allows access
to the Batch dialog box in Accounts Receivable Cash Receipts
Entry, and Accounts Receivable Invoice Data Entry.
- In addition to .bmp files, support
is provided for display of .jpeg, .ico, .pcx, and other image
- New Tree View Form Selection
- Record size for each entity has
been expanded from 4000 to 7950 characters.
- Fields greater than 254 characters
are returned as memo data types when viewing the field in Crystal
Options for Setting the Accounting Date:
- A new option added in Preferences
allows you to set the module to the current date on entry,
or set the module to the last date entered.
- Password-control prevents selection of a date for the current
module of any date other than the current period or one future
Advanced Lookup Engine (ALE):
- Accommodates up
to 99 views that can be defined for each lookup by company
- Allows you to drill down to existing
Customer, Vendor, or Item Inquiry windows from any Customer,
Vendor or Item ALE window.
- Allows you to customize the Accounts
Receivable Invoice History Inquiry, and Accounts Payable Invoice
- Remote Salesperson allows you to print sales order and quote
receipts with a Palm device. With the PalmPrint application installed,
the Palm device communicates to compatible printers through the
serial port or infrared communication.
- In Timekeeper, additional sort and select options have been
added to the Work in Process and History reports.
- In Timekeeper Local Management Approval, a total amount of
hours per billing type per day is displayed.
- A new Timekeeper default billing type can be established, and
particular time entries can now be placed on hold.
Options for Exploding Sales Kits:
- If an inventory item has a Kit type, a new Explode Kit field
is available in Inventory Maintenance that allows you to always
explode kits automatically on data entry, never explode kits,
or be prompted to explode the kit during sales order entry routines.
- Kit items for an entire product line can be set up for these
new exploding sales kits options in Inventory Product Line Maintenance.
- Setting the inventory option to Always allows kits to be exploded
when sales orders are created through the Remote Salesperson
or e-Business Manager module.
Temporary Customers with Paid Invoices:
- A new Accounts Receivable Setup option allows you to purge
zero-balance invoices for temporary customers during period-end
processing. This new option prevents the Invoice History Report
from printing "Not
on File" for a customer with existing invoices in history
but for whom the temporary customer record has been removed.
- Two new fields, Quantity in Shipping, and On Hand Less in Shipping,
have been added to the Item Status in Sales Order Entry and Invoice
Data Entry to help determine if an item earmarked for later delivery
can be shipped to fulfill an incoming customer request.
- This new information also appears in Inventory Maintenance,
Inventory Inquiry, Purchase Order Entry, Receipt of Goods/Invoice
Entry, and Work Order Transaction Entry.
Handling of Backorders:
- Backordered lines from standard-type invoices can be included
on the Backorder Fill Report.
- Open orders with backorders can be included on your Backorder
- A new field in Sales Order Entry allows you to place a drop-shipped
item on backorder.
- Order quantity on backorders can be changed without changing
the Original Shipped Quantity.
Line Editing in Purchase Order and Sales Order Entry:
- A new Quick Line feature (ALT+Q) allows you to quickly jump to
a specific line number to easily edit lines on large orders. The
following data entry programs include this new field on the Lines
tab: Sales Order Entry, Sales Order Invoice Data Entry, Purchase
Order Entry, Receipt of Goods Entry, Receipt of Invoice Entry,
Return of Goods Entry, and Material Requisition Issue Entry.
Item Descriptions on the Sales Order Quote History Report:
- Extended item descriptions can be printed for items on the Sales
Order Quote History Report by selecting the Extended Description
check box in the Sales Order/Quote History Report window.
Ledger Account Descriptions in Sales Order Entry:
- General ledger account descriptions display next to general ledger
account fields in the Additional Data Entry window, which is accessed
by clicking the Additional button in Sales Order Entry and Sales
Order Invoice Entry.