of Enhancement Releases » 4.00
The following is a list of enhancements incorporated in the
MAS 90 and MAS 200 Level 4.00 release:
General Ledger Enhancements
To provide feedback, or if you have questions concerning the
new release of the software, contact your authorized Reseller.
To print this Web page, right-click and click Print.
Business Insights Reporter - A Wizard-based Interface
to Custom Reporting:
The Business Insights Reporter displays data
in a logical tree view, which makes the data easier to locate.
You can use one of the pre-defined views or define your
own custom views of data.
You can specify report options each time the
report is run.
Reports can be added to menus.
Reports can be edited using Crystal Reports.
Reports can be used to export data in a wide
variety of formats including XML and Excel.
Simplified Data Export to Microsoft Excel:
Greater Flexibility with Security:
Using role-based security, you can define various roles,
such as “Supervisor” and “Data Entry”, that have different
levels of access to programs. One or more of these roles
can then be assigned to individual users.
Security is task-based, not menu-based, allowing it to
be maintained regardless of how various tasks are executed.
General Ledger Enhancements
New User Interface Standards:
- New grid entry provides faster and more flexible data
- New controls allow you to customize column widths, sort
and hide fields, and undo unsaved changes.
- All the windows have the new Windows XP look and feel
with redesigned icons.
- You can quickly access various features using the right-click
menus and hyperlinks.
Improved Integration with Bank Reconciliation:
- You can transfer funds between banks as a one-step transaction
Redesigned Budget Maintenance:
The new Budget Maintenance
window allows you to maintain unlimited
Only the budget you want
to work with appears.
You can simultaneously
edit budgets for multiple general ledger accounts.
Greater Power and Flexibility in Allocations:
Source Accounts may be
Financial or Non-Financial accounts.
Automatic allocations may
be run at any time for any period.
The new Basis allocation
enables you to distribute the allocation amount from the
source account based on values that are associated with
other specified accounts.
New Company Setup Wizard for General Ledger :
- The New Company Setup Wizard is available only for General
Ledger in this release.
- You can now easily set up a new company in MAS 90 or MAS
200 tailored to meet your specific business needs.
- An optional pre-defined Chart of Accounts helps you get
started on the right track.
Expanded Account Number and Structure:
Expanded Numeric Fields:
To accommodate larger transactions, the numeric
masks in the General Ledger module is expanded to allow
999 million dollars within entry programs, 9 billion on
the account level and 99 billion for reports.
Expanded Financial Statements:
- You can easily set up Financial Statements with a wizard-based
- Quarter-To-Date Income Statements and the ability to define
segment or roll-up codes for Income Statements are added.
- You can specify whether to print account numbers, dollar
signs, zero balances, and/or set a percentage mask.
FRx Desktop Version 6.5:
- FRx Desktop version 6.5 is bundled with the purchase of
the General Ledger module and replaces some of the more advanced
features of Custom Financials.
- FRx Desktop can drill back to source transactions in MAS
Saved Report Settings in
- You can set up pre-defined report selection options for
each report, which decreases setup time and error in report
- You can define the settings as Public, Read-Only, or Private
to ensure that they are modified by the appropriate users.
Greater Flexibility with User-Defined Fields (UDFs):
Enhanced Wide Area Network Support for MAS 200:
- The enhanced UDFs are available only for General Ledger
in this release.
- You may define UDFs for any table and are not limited to
single pre-defined entities.
- UDFs reside in the actual data table (for example, GL_Account),
not in a separate UDF table.
- The source of the value of a UDF may be defined when the
UDF is created, allowing you to specify default values or
the source from which a UDF value is inherited.
- UDFs can be defined to validate on User-Defined Table (UDT)
New Version of Business Alerts:
- MAS 200 is compatible with firewalls that use Network Address
- Traffic between the client and host may be optionally SSL
encrypted to help ensure data security.
- Client/server connection is enhanced to be more fault tolerant,
resulting in fewer dropped connections.
- You can send HTML-formatted e-mail.
- Streamlined setup procedure simplifies configuration.
- The user interface has been updated to be more intuitive.
- All customers with a current maintenance plan will receive
a Business Alerts Select Edition at no additional
charge. This limited version of Business Alerts includes the
following five alerts that demonstrate the product's power:
- Accounts Payable – Invoice discount due
- Accounts Receivable – Past due receivables over $1000.00
- General Ledger – Account balance exceeds budget amount
- Accounts Receivable – New customer welcome
- Sales Order – Open orders over $2500.00